1 whole plaice skinned (your local fishmonger can easily do this if you ask nicely)
15 g brown shrimps
1 diced shallot
5g chopped chives
juice of one lemon
250g diced butter
20ml vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Coat the fish in flour lightly all over, place a large frying pan on the stove over medium heat.
3. Pour the vegetable oil into the pan and then carefully place the fish in the pan away from yourself (so when placing into the pan you go from the edge closest to you to furthest away, so if there is any oil spillage it doesn’t go over your hands).
4. Add the diced butter and be careful with the temperature of the pan, you need the butter to be constantly foaming.
5. Cook the fish on both sides for 3 minutes making sure to baste the fish all the time with the foaming butter.
6. After you have pan-fried the fish for 3 minutes on either side, carefully with a fish slice transfer the plaice onto a baking tray and finish in the oven for 3 minutes.
7. The fish is perfectly cooked when you can pull the fillet away from the bone with a spoon or knife.
8. Whilst the fish is in the oven, drain the butter used to cook the plaice into another small saucepan, season with salt and add the chives, shallots, brown shrimps and the lemon juice.
9. To serve, place the fish on a long plate, and spoon over the brown shrimps in butter sauce.