Avocado hummus with jalapeño
Avocado Jalapeño Hummus is a delicious twiston traditional hummus, blending the creaminess of ripe avocados with the spicykick of jalapeños. The smooth and flavorful combination creates a unique dipthat tantalizes the taste buds with a perfect balance of richness and heat.Ideal for dipping vegetables, pita chips, or spreading on sandwiches, avocadojalapeño hummus adds a zesty and satisfying element to any snack or meal.
- 1 x 14oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp water add more if you are having trouble processing
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 avocados medium
- 2-4 Tbsp jalapeño peppers jarred, pickled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Open a can of chickpeas, drain liquids, and rinse in a colander
- Peel off the translucent skin of the beans (tip: use water to help get all of the skin off easily)
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, water and tahini into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process the ingredients until everything is combined and smooth. Add 1 tbsp more water if you are having a tough time processing.
- Add in avocado, jalapeño pepper, garlic and sea salt.
- Continuing processing until creamy. Add more salt to taste, if you wish.
If you are not a huge fan of intense spice, be sure to remove the seeds from the jalapeño pepper.