- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Toast the ciabatta in the pan for 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until starting to crisp and brown, then tip into a large salad bowl.
- Add the chorizo to the same pan and dry-fry over medium heat for 2 minutes until it starts to give out a red oil.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften. Remove from the heat and drizzle over the vinegar, add the sugar and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Gently combine the sliced avocado, the baby leaf salad and the remaining olive oil with the croutons. Spoon over the chorizo and tomatoes and drizzle with any pan juices.
- Mix and serve immediately.
Spicy chorizo, tomato and avocado salad
For a fresh-tasting lunch or light meal, try The Foodistas Spicy Chorizo and Avocado Salad. Visually stunning and varied in taste and textures, it is a perfect combination of ingredients.
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 small ciabatta, torn into small bite pieces
160g/5½oz chorizo, thinly sliced
250g/9oz cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 pinch of sugar
1 large avocado, halved, stoned and sliced
100g/4oz baby leaf salad