Catering to fans of clean, safe and effective beauty, TWELVE BEAUTY is at the forefront of modern, green skincare. TWELVE BEAUTY is a range that exemplifies the magic that happens when the power of nature meets the rigors of science. It is a high-performance natural skincare collection that is designed to protect and restore skin as it ages, improving skin functionality and promoting healthier skin.
TWELVE BEAUTY has been personally developed by Pedro Catalá, an independent cosmetologist, botanist and pharmacist, with expertise in botany and the science and technology of cosmetics. His science-backed process is informed by extensive research, his academic qualifications and impressive credentials over a 20-year career. He fuses his scientific knowledge in pharmacy, botany and cosmetology with long-standing expertise in plants and herbology into a unique approach to modern skincare.
Pedro Catalá received his degree in Pharmacy at the University of Valencia, Spain in 1998. Immediately afterwards, Pedro spent four years on a postgraduate degree in Botany. This sparked his interest in the use of plants in medicine and skincare.
Pedro’s passion for natural, active ingredients in skincare led him to complete a Masters degree in Cosmetic Science and Technology at the University of Siena, Italy in 2007 and a PhD in Natural Formulation Technologies from the same institution.
Over five years, Pedro used his extensive research and knowledge of plant extracts to develop, create and test TWELVE BEAUTY.
Pedro Catalá also practices as a Pharmacist at a private hospital on Harley Street in central London. He offers the TWELVE BEAUTY range to patients with various skin conditions, from irritations and rashes, to post-cosmetic treatment and radiotherapy. He lectures at the University of Siena in skincare formulation.
As a master formulator, Pedro personally designs all his own formulas and carefully sources every single ingredient. This is rare amongst skincare brand founders. He is one of those impressively thorough people who focuses his perfectionistic approach to personally make the products in his own lab. He tests every single item before it is shipped out.
Of course this all means limited production. But it also means freshness and extremely good quality control. With this meticulous approach, these incredible products are guaranteed to work wonders for the skin.
The TWELVE BEAUTY products work beautifully, especially for stressed, sensitive and reactive skin, but anyone’s skin will benefit from Pedro’s impeccably crafted formulations that soothe, repair and help it become the best version of itself.
The brand’s philosophy is not about adding a bunch of ingredients together and saying they work. It is about deeply knowing each ingredient, about what it works well with, what it does not, and how to best deliver that targeted nutrition to the skin.
TWELVE BEAUTY is the result of Pedro’s life-long search to find the very best botanicals in the world, proven for their effectiveness and safety.
Pedro identified, hand-picked and exhaustively tested 12 star ingredients – hence the brand name – that are 100% natural, ethically sourced and gentle, even when used at their highest possible potency. The selected ingredients are essential to keeping the skin healthier for longer.
The entire collection only uses the finest eco-approved ingredients that are compatible and effective with the skin’s natural composition. Formulas are plant based and meet stringent requirements for green chemistry. Only the cleanest and purest natural and organic ingredients are included in the formulas, which are also naturally scented with floral extracts and traces of essential oils and use only natural emulsifiers.
The quality of the ingredients and the way in which they are blended is what makes the magic. It works because the blend mimics the oils we have in our healthy skin, at the same concentrations.
There are no ingredients in the formulas that can potentially irritate the skin. Pedro even avoids certain natural ingredients that are commonly used, ingredients such as sodium phytate and potassium sorbate, that are well known for sensitising the skin. Formulated and produced in Spain, the products are completely free from parabens, sulphates, silicones, petrochemicals and glycols.
It is so hard to choose one product from TWELVE BEAUTY’s beautiful range, they are all so intelligently formulated and highly efficient.
I love the Rewarding Body Balm, which was the first product created by Pedro Català. He was the in-house pharmacist at a prestigious oncology clinic in London. When he noticed that many of the clinic’s patients had skin that was extremely dry and vulnerable after radiation treatments, he carefully blended a batch of this balm, and the patients loved it. The rest is history.
With this gloriously rich, beautifully absorbed body balm, Pedro wanted to correct chronic dry skin –skin that has been permanently dry, sore, tender and fragile for years. This deeply nourishing, intensive body balm instantly replenishes essential moisture to dry, dehydrated skin to leave it comfortable and soothed. It protects the skin from damage, restores youthful elasticity, rejuvenates skin cells, retains skin moisture and restores damaged skin.
Containing all 12 of TWELVE BEAUTY’s signature hero ingredients, with added purest jojoba and sunflower oils, it is bursting with vitamins, essential fatty acids and skin barrier-repairing botanicals that have been shown to heal even the most compromised skin. Key ingredients include:
- Squalane: Derived from olives, the clear fluid oil has a natural affinity to the skin, being one of the main components of the human sebum and hydrolipidic film.
- Organic Jojoba oil: It is easily absorbed by the skin and is highly compatible with human sebum as it is so similar.
- Organic Artemisia extract: Protects the skin with antioxidant and radical scavenging properties.
- Organic Mallow extract: Possesses soothing, anti-irritant, emollient and moisturising properties.
- Organic Buddleja extract: It is an effective antioxidant.
- Organic Cupuaçu butter: Restores moisture and elasticity. The skin is left soft and comfortable.
- Organic Epilobium extract: Improves skin tone.
- Organic Candelilla wax: Vegetable wax with great film-forming and protecting properties.
- Organic Shea butter: Improves skin softness and protects skin while easing irritation.
- Organic Argan oil: With a high content of natural tocopherols (Vitamin E), it softens the skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Forms a thin, invisible, transparent, viscoelastic surface film. The hyaluronic acid film helps to preserve the most important characteristics of youthful, healthy skin, such as suppleness, elasticity and tone.
- Organic Imperatoria extract: Properties include re-epithelialisation (helps to repair minor cuts and wounds), moisturisation and antioxidant radical scavenging functions.
- Spent grain wax: Consists mainly of linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid required for regeneration of the epidermal permeability barrier. It is excellent for dry, irritated and sensitive skin.
- Organic sunflower oil: Oil rich in oleic acids that contains a high amount of Vitamins A and E.
Originally for hospital use only, the Rewarding Body Balm is now available to consumers. The luxuriously nourishing balm is the real deal. But whichever products are selected, one cannot go wrong with TWELVE BEAUTY.
I have nothing but wholehearted respect and admiration for Pedro Català and his masterful formulas. TWELVE BEAUTY stands for clean botanical beauty that delivers maximum results with no compromise, helping elevate one’s natural beauty to stunning heights.
Anyone who has not tried TWELVE BEAUTY is simply missing out.